Goshin Budokan U.S.A. Becomes a Shuyokai
On March 20th 1997 a Formal Ceremony was held at the Lake Forest Sun & Sail Club in Lake Forest California by Sensei David A. Day and Sensei Edward E. Wilkes was awarded the following at the Ceremony:
- Promotion to the rank of Shichidan in Aikido Goshin Jitsu with the date of rank of 28 February 1997.
- Test was held at the Shuyokan Martial Arts Center in Costa Mesa, California by Sensei David Dye.
- Kyoshi Instructor Rank, Teaching Certificate for this rank same date.
- Wild Bill Wilkies Judo & Ju-Jitsu Club registered with the Shuyokan Dojo and was accepted as a branch Shuyokai on this 20th day of March in 1997.
- The Wild Bill Wilkies Judo & Ju-Jitsu Club was renamed as the Goshin Budokan.U.S.A. As of the 20th Day of March 1997.
- Click any image to open a self-paced slideshow
- Use your mouse and cursor, or the left and right arrows on your keyboard, to move through the images.
- Press the spacebar to start an auto-advancing slideshow.
Attendees lining up prior to Dedication ceremony.
Formal bow in before Shuyokai Dedication By Sensei David Dye.
Sensei David Dye presents Sensei Edward E. Wilkes with a certificate establishing his school as a Shuyokai (branch school of the Shuyokan).
Sensei Edward E. Wilkes being presented with his Shichidan Promotion Certificate, Teaching Certificate, and Kyoshi Instructor Rank Certificate. Testing was held on the 28th Day of February 1997 at the Shuyokan by Sensei David A. Dye.
Group picture after Shuyokai Dedication.
Front Row (L to R): Sensei Edward E. Wilkes, Sensei David A. Dye, Sensei Alan Holler
Back Row: (Names will be provided later)